As a jewelry designer and owner of The Trinket Room, many women come to me for advice on how to use jewelry in order to pull together the right look. I can certainly understand this fashion dilemma. Every day women are tasked with making the choice of whether or not to wear a bold necklace without earrings or choosing to pair a chunky bracelet with a ring on the same hand. The beauty of having a range of different types of jewelry in your personal collection is having a limitless number of possibilities when it comes to wearing it. Despite all of these choices, I believe that jewelry should be worn with the main goal making a statement. This can be done through elegance and simplicity.
I have identified 5 ways that can help you ensure that you are wearing the right amount and types of jewelry. These tips will keep you stylish, tasteful and elegant.
1. Balance – It’s important to spread out your accessories in order to achieve a balanced look. If you wear a large necklace, keep the earrings to a minimal. If you wear large earrings, try not to wear a necklace at all. The best thing to do is to look at your jewelry while standing in a full length mirror. You want to make sure that your pieces are not competing with each other.
2. Follow the Sales – Stock up on accessories when you find sales. This really works at the beginning of each season. You can mix expensive jewelry with less expensive items. The more jewelry that you have, the more options you have.
3. Stay Organized – The best way to stay inspired to wear your pieces is to make sure that they are hanging on hooks or jewelry hangers and on display for you to see. It can also be helpful to organize each piece by color.
4. Focus on the Earrings – If you are wearing a statement necklace, you don’t want your earrings to cause a distraction. Small studs are certainly better to pair with a larger necklace. The main goal is for them to compliment, they don’t have to match perfectly.
5. Rings and Bracelets – Try making a bold statement by wearing several bracelets on one arm. But, forgo the necklace and balance the bulk out with large earrings.
A woman’s accessories should display her personality. So, it’s important to explore and see how your jewelry can represent who you are as an individual. Even if you choose a very simple piece or minimal jewelry, your confidence, personal style and elegance will shine through.